:: Thursday, December 16, 2004 ::
OK now the bike ride at the gym is out of the way...
The top 1000 things to know
life: Seth Godin's blog starts it off with the first 20 things every thrid grader ought to start learning so they get a grasp on them all by the time they graduate highschool. Feel free to add more.:
1. How to type.
He added more here
2. How to speak in front of a group.
3. How to write clear prose that other people actually want to read.
4. How to manage a project.
5. The most important lessons from American history.
6. What the world's religions have in common.
8. Formal logic.
9. The 15,000 most common English words.
10. Conversational Spanish.
11. How to handle big changes, with grace.
12. How to run a small business.
13. Basic chemistry.
14. Not arithmetic, but algebra.
15. A little geometry, a little calculus.
16. The most important lessons from ten other world cultures and their history.
17. Speed reading with comprehension.
18. How to sell.
19. Pick one: how to paint, write a poem, compose a song or juggle really well.
20. Understanding the biographies of 500 important historical figures and 200 fictional ones.
And I would add to that:
21) learn some world geography. Americans suck at that if Jay Leno's Jay Walking segments asking people on the street questions are any indication;
22)Read a map;
23)The importance of diet and excercise;
24)Treating people as individuals
25)Not jumping to conclusions.
:: Mike Wood 16:57 [+] ::