:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Monday, October 03, 2005 ::


Sidelines are great
photos: As I mentioned before I had sidelines access to the UWO-York game at TD Waterhouse stadium here in London and was able to shoot pictures pretty much anywhere during the 60-10 win over York.

I showed up and was directed to the media table in the main building and was given a pass on a UWO lanyard to wear around my neck that allowed me access everywhere - including the post game in the locker room! Took a few moments to get used to the fact that the crash barriers and lined off areas were for other folks, but then I got into it and was able to get my bearings and get some fantastic shots.

I read some advice on how to shoot football a couple of weeks ago and despite not having the longest lens I was able to adapt to the action and the activity and look for my images. I had a case of serious lens envy there hanging out with the pro photogs and their nice white telephoto Canons! I can only imagine how many close ups of plays I could have got with a big lens. A great deal of the action was too far to be useful.

Seeing a game from field level - in and amongst the UWO bench and players, the end zones and so on was fascinating. It is completely different trying to locate the ball when at eye level and trying to shoot when you are normally used to watching at some sort of elevated angle. Serious respect for those who do this a lot. Once I got my bearings sorted out, it was a case of moving up and down the field with the plays in motion. Being a little ahead or behind the action is key. Being right on the line where the ball is going to be snapped from is no good as it gets cluttered too fast.

I flooded the UWO stream on Flickr with my photos -which was appreciated! :) Though there were other game images on there that were good, I seem to have had the best access of the posters so far. I also sent some 'as per examples' as calling cards to a couple of different media outlets to see if they are interested - and to York Athletics as well. And while I have not heard back from the papers, I am fairly sure I will in the future as I build up a body of work.

This was a very cool, and successful weekend with St. Jacobs and Homecoming.

Leave a comment or email me and let me know what you think of the photos. I have posted as much as I feel I like for the moment to my Flickr. And next year I will be ready for the streakers. :)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 10:16 [+] :: 1 comments
...

1 Comments:

The photos are all great, but I especially like the closeup. I'm sure I will be seeing many more photos of sporting events in the future...

By Blogger Karen, at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google