:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 ::

Vacation wraps up today

or really tomorrow afternoon when I go back.

Highlights? Well, having some down time, some out of the office time was good for the soul. Got to think a lot about positivity, and the influences it can have on your life. Someone pointed out that in the last six months or so I have been a more positive individual since I am now I am looking out for number one. Speaking of number one. Since I started to pay attention to what goes in the body and started excercising, I have lost 10 lbs. That's since the beginning of July. And as of today today's ride, I willhave biked over 600km. 135km alone in the last 5 days.

It was quite hot when I rode yesterday. Headwinds from the north west were dogging me the whole way( Pond Mills to Wilton Grove, south on Wellington past Regina Mundi, West on Scotland, South on White Oaks, West on Glanworth and eventually north on Wonderland to Southdale and then up the south side of Snake Hill on Col. Talbot - and then back home via the bike path) . And I fell off the bike too. On Southdale west of Wonderland there is a new wide bike path. Its on the other side of a ditch. I thought - why I don't know - that I could go through the ditch. Nope. Wheel swung around and that = Handlebar end in the stomach. Nice loonie sized whack and a few scrapes. Got back on, but I was running low on juice. I had to convince myself to keep going up to snake hill from the south. It almost did me in.- but I did it ! :) Wonderland (south of Southdale) is nice to ride on with wide shoulders for the most part. The rolling hills on Scotland and White Oak were nice too. 47.6 km and some pink arms.

So, I rode over 135km on my vacation and two goals I had set for myself for the summer were met: I rode up Snake hill from the North side ( river side), did the long hill on Commissioners going West from Commish and Hamilton to Highbury. And I did a last long ride for August (the one I just described). And I can't forget Double-A-Ron's Wedding in St. T on Saturday. Nice ceremony - for those who went. :) And I also found out I am one of the fastest guns in all of St. T. ;P


:: Mike Wood 14:50 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google