:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Sunday, August 15, 2004 ::

Long day, yo.

Yesterday was the longest one yet: to Strathroy via the LCW route - more or less. I had recce'd it on Friday in the CRV and found that one of the roads was marked wrong on their map and was gravel. A couple of others we would have got turned around with their directions and not found where we were going. A lot of stopping and map marking. Come by my desk and look at the map I edited sometime.

K. had a nagging cough and wasn't having fun in the last third of the ride. Kept encouraging her and she did it. Was proud of her. Didn't want her to be a martyr so I said early on we could turn around and I could do the ride again another day, but she stuck to it. She had wanted to do a 'don't walk away from it' ride at some point this summer - not that St. Mary's couldn't have qualified, and this was our last long one together before she moves, so we did one…

Going there was fairly straight forward, bit of wind but nothing crazy, couple of turns but nothing complex ( Medway triple hill I have referenced before was no problems). Somewhere near Strathroy and a bit after Poplar Hill, there was this smell. First thought it was usual countryside with a side order of cow manure. But this was almost making us gag it was so bad. If the wind wasn't pushing it away from us we would have had to go much longer with this putred stench. Seriously thought I was going to throw up. Nothing like an experienced shared! :) Slowest service at the Timmies in Strathroy ( the one on East Front St at Caradoc /HWY 81.) We hit at rush hour with picky orders like half caf half regular, no mayo, multiple coffees. It took me ten mins of standing at the counter after paying to even get my bagel started to toast...

South on Melbourne Rd was a 30-35kph ride for nearly 12km. Nice and fast with a slight wind at our backs. Wish every ride was that fast. Even sprinted up over 40kph at one point. We made a few twists and turns and were down in Delaware. chugged a bottle of Gatorade from the convenience store and then up the hill and back towards London. Most challenging hill/hills were going up Westelbourne to the West end of Southdale / Byron Baseline. Hadn't done it before, and neither had K. but we made it up fine. Rest of the ride to the Forks was BAU.

For me it was 111km to the Forks ( K. had gone further to meet me and was over 120km and done for the day). Not a round number for me. So, after K. headed home… I did six of my usual laps of the Harris Park hill. I like those bar ends. Really convinced they help on climbs. Only the last crack at the hill was a bit wobbly at the top and I couldn't keep a good pace when going through the intersection. 5h24m of riding and we were on the road for over six hours all told.

It was funny when I did the tally of km at home. 120km for the ride - as far as I have ever done in one shot. But I swore: 399.26km for the month. Couldn't be 400km, had to be 399.26. So close! Well, it's only half way through the month… heheh.

Later in the evening, S and I went to East side Mario's and then saw I,Robot. ESM was filling and I needed the carbs. The waitress recognized the LAF wristband and asked where to get one. Thought that was cool. I,Robot was pretty decent, though I did figure out some of the plot points on the fly. Solid special effects as well. Some funny one liners too.

Slept well last night and no major or minor discomfort this morning. Shoulder is a bit twingy. Need a Masseuse that does house calls... But that will have to wait till after work some day...

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 11:54 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google