:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, September 11, 2004 ::

In 7 days.
I hope the weather next weekend is as good as the last couple of days. It would be nice to visit Toronto under warm sunny skies. Well, even nicer. I am looking forward to going away for a couple of days. And with my regular weekend tacked on it makes four days off. I won't spend all of it in Toronto as that would have been too expensive, but a break is a break. :)

I imagine, with all the moving around and such at work in the next few days, old for new, getting ahead so I can go away, and so on, I won't have much time to post - it does, after all take some brain power to write coherent sentences here afterall. :)

9/11
This morning, I have been trying to avoid the 9/11 anniversary stuff on TV. I know it was - and is - an important event in world history. The kind of stuff that the historian and social observer in me usually eats up. I have seen a couple of PBS shows in the last few days on it. I don't need to see the towers fall again and again and the torment and massive tragedy of that moment. Gratefully, CNN is showing photos and video stills and not the actual footage this morning. Everytime I see it, I look and have to know whether something else is happening. 'Is it now or then?' type stuff. And usually what follows at some point is the recurring "wrong war at the wrong time" discussion of Iraq that eventually follows.

Lucky for me there, is a Star Trek retrospective on the Space Channel hosted by a 1970s or early 80s Leonard Nimoy on now that is easier to watch.

Buzznet photos.
I went for a bike ride yesterday and took a few pics of myself with my Olympus digital camera's tiny remote. I set it up with the cool little tripod I got from future shop - thanks Red! - and I took a few shots. Perhaps looking a bit silly at the time to passers by. I had some small challenges with the remote as it was bright sunshine and the range which is supposed to be about 10 feet or so. I think the camera sensor could not pick the IR beam too well, and I was about 15 feet away. I had to stretch my arm several times and shield the emitter to get the camera to take the frame. I posted a couple of the better ones to my Buzznet photoblog, and replaced my MSN chat photo with a cropped headshot. I added a couple of photos of the Triathlon last month that K competed in as well.

Set the VCR
And checked the time on the thing and on the timer. and made sure there was enough tape. and... well, you get the idea. So I should be able to watch the Apprentice2 after work, or tomorrow morning...

OK. time for a bit of coff-ay. And then work.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 10:55 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google