:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, September 17, 2004 ::

Moved some stuff
I rented a storage locker. Had to move some boxes of stuff and there was the challenge. No room at the inn. So I got a 5x5 foot storage locker at the one on Adelaide north of Central. Nice clean and modern facility.

The boxes came from the house. They had been in the garage since I moved out. About six or seven bankers boxes. Mainly books. Some photos. And the bonus was two smaller boxes that contained my journals. I began writing a journal in highschool as part of a writing class. I kept it up for almost ten years. I stopped shortly after meeting M. I think that I wrote as something to do when I wasn't seeing anyone. Or even when I was. I read one volume. Well part of one. There was some really good memories in there.

To describe them, the volumes were in 100 page Hilroy spiral notebooks. I wrote several thousand pages. I mean several thousand. It was October 1992 that I read. It was a facinating recounting of an Army training excercise, some school stuff, and some of the trials and tribulation of a few of my friends who were having... relationship issues. Or in my case at the time, the lack there of. IT was also the time of the Squid story...

I read and laughed and remembered some really good times while I was sitting waiting for the dryers to finish. Funny to think all of that was 12 years ago. And it was a sliver of what I had done in my life.

I suggest people keep journals, or blogs even. Recount your life. Share what's important - or don't share it. Write it down for yourself. And then don't look at it for a very long time. See how you have changed. See how your writing has changed. Wow. That was fun. I'll share some of it at some point.

Res Evil2 and the Apprentice2.
Saw Res Evil2 tonite with SM. Pretty cool seeing Toronto being taken over by zombies. Nothing like a woman who kicks ass. Good complement to playing D3 at the moment. I don't think SM was looking forward to all the startling jump out at you attack scenes. But she did quite well and my arm was no worse for the wear. No zombies in the car when she got in either... hope she sleeps well. :)

After I got home, watched Apprentice2 that I taped successfully. Wow. Now that was a boardroom ending I was not expecting. The individual who got the boot wasn't the one anyone would have thought should go. At least at this initial stage. But he made a critical mistake and misjudged honour and business. bid-ness is bid-ness. It's not personal. But wow. I can see the three who didn't get fired not lasting through. They don't have it. They got lucky that Trump didn't pick them. This time.

Col. Talbot
Rode the bike to the university and back. The girls... ok I digress... I went back down the path and out West to Storybook. Then did the hill. South on Col Talbot up the steep, blind corners, and zig zaggy hill. First time this year. Good out of the seat ride. Kinda freaky though. When I did it last year it was a quiet day. Today, three dump trucks passed tres close. But I did it well, and most out of the saddle. Mostly out of the breath at the top too. But I kept on trucking. Went all the way down to Southdale and then West on the rolling hills. I had intended to go back up Boler to the path, but nooooo. They road is ripped up with big Komatsu excavators lumbering around like big yellow dinosaurs. So on I went to Westel bourne. A couple more hard hills than I was intending... near the end, I sprinted to the round tunnel at the east end of the path at Horton. something like 44kph. Picturing someone chasing you and beating you to the line really does help. Nice hard ride. :)

I have been slacking a bit in the riding these past few weeks. Not sure why, well actually I do. Preoccupied. Focus isn't there. Going to get it back. I loved going on that hard ride today. I want to crush my km., not that I have done too shabby so far. I'd like to put the bike to bed at the end of the season with a good feeling. And perhaps retire it from being my main steed too. Keep thinking about a new bike. I am fond of this one, but it's an object. But an object that has shaped me into what I am physically right now. And that shouldn't be just tossed aside. Should it?


Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 01:34 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google