:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Sunday, September 05, 2004 ::

Salt
Went out to Salt Lounge on Friday night with some people from work. By the time the place closed, and I am sure more than partially due to Mandy's recruiting, we were the patrons. There were probably 40 of us there off and on during the evening. It was cool to see so many people, who had been on my teams before, in a quite different light and all in the same spot at the same time.

Met some people from work that I had seen around the floor but not really spoken to before as well. One advantage of being a sup is that you may not know them, but everyone knows you. Saw some good people - not going to name them all because I would omit too many. Got to hear some interesting and wild stories too. Not going to say any more than that as, well, some stuff can't be repeated. But as I rolled in at 3am or so, I felt I had a great time. :) We also got to see an H2 stupid stretch limo be pulled over on King St as well for going the wrong way on King. Wish I had my camera: that would have been a good one to send to fuh2.com.

Hurricane Frances
Watching the weather as I wake up this morning. Another big storm. Weather radar from Melbourne FLA. Won't mean anything if you look at this tomorrow or anything... :)

Trivia: each 2 1/2 inches of rainfall is 250 million gallons of water per square mile. So says CNN. Thats 946.35 million liters per 2.58 square km.for each 6.35 cm. The imperial way of saying it sounds a little more elegant than the metric...

I wonder if the weather folks at NOAA have read the book, Mother of Storms. Premise being a series of more and more violent and massive hurricanes and typhoons build up due to release of methane gas from the ocean floor which changes temperature and currents around the world's oceans. Charley and Frances were only a couple of weeks apart. In the book, the alphabetical series of hurricanes was started over (went from A to Z and then A again) due to the huge number of storms.

CNN's feature piece on hurricane trends quoted ndy Coburn, associate director of the Duke University program for the study of developed shorelines.( As in the populated coasts of the US). When asked what we can do to cope with more and more hurricanes, this was his response:
"Get the hell out of the way"


Blue bots
Bluetooth wireless robots. From thefeature.com. These would be a menace if used for eeevil. Thanks Ka!

Olympic materials.
One last kick at the Olympic can. This site has a large collection of posters from the Olympics. All of the Olympics. If you are interested in graphic design or advertizing, take a look at the site. Not huge wallpaper sized copies of the posters, but it was interesting to see how they have changed over the years. Also thanks to Ka.

gmail accounting
AI mentioned that someone had given her a Gmail account. (Sorry I didn't think of that!). She had created a default first.last account name, but then realized she wanted a personalized one that didn't have her name in it. Had to have bling in the title. Came up with some good candidates for her. But since they are email accounts, if I tell you, her 1GB of email storage will fill with Spam! when she picks one, I will tell you some of the runners up. :)

Made me think that I had created a Gmail when Blogger offered it to me. And then I made one with a name related to this site. So what I did was I sent myself an invite to another email address I have and now I have a second. Even if I only send the six invites I have, that would give me a rediculous 7GB of email storage spanned over the original one and the six new ones. What does one do with all that? really....

But now I have to think of an email address for it. Something clever. AI suggested:
generic.one@gmail.com
Insatiable Smurf - my name as a smurf...
The Third Grade Insult Generator site turned me into Lieutenant Dodo D. Poopypants
and last, the ethnic stud name generator gave her - Miguel Apasionado

I kinda like the Insatiable Smurf. ;)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 09:02 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google