:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Monday, October 25, 2004 ::

Still have ten
911: So I didn't go and get a stitch, despite what other people suggested. Nice little wicked V shaped scar I will have. Adds character I suppose.

Zen and the art of...
geek podcast alert: Been trying to get the Nomad Zen USB 2.0 to autosynch files via WMP 10. Not much luck so far. I am not sure if it will do it as it isn't explicitly one of the devices listed on the WMP 10 site for it. Though other Creative Zen's are. Mainly slightly newer models.

I downloaded iPodder to get the RSS feeds of new podcasts from a couple of sites - one being Adam Curry's Daily Source code which I have mentioned before. Not totally clear on where I am supposed to grab the RSS info from one every site (though I got it to work). Almost easier if I can't get Zen and WMP10 to synch, to drag and drop like I am doing now. I am going to upgrade the Creative software for the Zen tomorrow - or Thursday when I really have more than a little time - and see if that does the trick. We shall see. A couple of sites I read earlier - too tired to find them right now - mentioned this last mile stuff has to be easier for it to really catch on. I can't imagine too many people going to this much effort to get an MP3 to play... Remove several steps and then we will have something. Tod Maffin and Jake Ludington's response to it. That's who it was...

MP3mail
Geek Alert: Sent a MP3mail (which is what I call an email with an MP3 attachment which is the real content) to Adam curry as well yesterday commenting about my recent post when S. and I were talking about his podcast on GeoCaching. Been having some technical issues with headsets and such and bought myself a decent one for recording MP3s. A Plantronics one. Comfy and the sound quality is quite good, though I sound kinda nasal. But I think that is me as opposed to the microphone.

Does anyone know of a good MP3 recorder for Windows XP that has some basic edit, pause play, maybe more than one track recording? I would like free or 'should be free.' Email me at the link at the top of the page. Maffin (in the link above) mentioned Audacity - but it doesn't record in MP3 aparently and you have to export it to MP3 via a plug in. I want to do this with minimum fuss.

Halo 2- the Canadian version
Gaming humour: Found this via Scoble. Differences in the Canadian version of the upcoming Halo2 Xbox game. And check out the banner ad at the top. I emailed the webmaster as I wanted to know if it was real or photoshopped. I would have the Timmies ad on my site for sure. It is so true!

Red and Jeeps
playing outdoors: Take a look at Red's blog for the Jeep pics. She and Chris went out with other Jeep minded individuals on the weekend... Some were more successful than others. And no, it's not Chris's jeep at 90 degrees. :)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 02:33 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google