:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, November 13, 2004 ::


The Cup


Later, I went down to the 'tween deck below the fore and main masts,and into the extensive museum section. There I found, mid ships on the Starboard side, something equally impressive to me. The small silver cup that my uncle Rob presented to the museum a couple of years ago: Behind glass and on display. Doesn't mean much to other visitors. To me? A whole lot. The inscription:
Presented to Captn. Phillips of the Ship Euterpe by several of his friends (and) saloon passengers - from London to Port Lyttelton -- December 1879.


I explored the ship from stem to stern right into the cargo holds and anywhere I could go - aside from climbing the rigging :). I only stopped when the battery in my camera died -and having used the first battery up on the Midway, I decided to call it quits.

I went topside again and completely alone. I went to the helmsman's position on the poopdeck. Not sure why it is called that... It was quiet standing on that empty deck aft at the large wheel, after the sun had set with the ship rocking slightly against the tide. I tuned out the sound of traffic passing nearby. I could imagine myself there a century ago: "helmsman, weigh anchor and best speed for Lyttleton." :)


Buzz net pics
Vacation:
For some reason the pics don't translate when uploaded to the blog here. IE sucks and Firefox is a little better. I don't like them. So I created a section of my photoblog for them. So far there are a few pics. Mainly of the USS Midway. Check them out here.

Dakota Grill

Went into the gas light section of SD this evening for dinner. decided to cab it since I don't navigate too well in the dark... For those of you who have had the pleasure... Anyhow. Went to a couple of places that were pretty busy and finally settled on this place called the Dakota Grill. Nice steak, and garlic mash and a large Sam Adams. Before then I hit the downtown mall called Horton plaza. Damn thing was a multi story maze with interior and exterior halls, and stairs and escalators and ramps that were a cross between the moving stairs in the Harry Potter movies and an Escher sketch. I could see where I wanted to go, but had no idea how to get there. Very odd. Edit: Sherry sent me this link explaining it.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 04:13 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google