:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, November 12, 2004 ::

San diego Trip log.

Vacation

( 330pm Nov. 11th, sitting in a small café in Smith Terminal at Detroit International. No Wifi hotspot here)
Sarah and I had breakfast before she dropped me at Robert Q’s. At 11am - it is Remembrance Day - I commented that it is now coming up on 100 years since the beginning of WWI. That is really strange to think about. It’s as far away now, as the US Civil war was when I was born. A flight of four Harvard trainers flew over london in formation looking like they were going to go over the ceremonies at Victoria Park. This is the first year in quite a long time, probably five years, that I have not gone to the ceremonies.

Drive down was uneventful and the Rob Q bus only had one other passenger other than myself. I fired up the Zen and tuned out. Avril Lavigne and then I started to go through some of the country genre. It was unfortunate that it was a series of heart break kind of songs that at one time not so long ago struck a cord with me. One was “I miss My Friend” by someone I can’t remember right now. It made me think about how things have changed in the last bit.

Checking at the America West counter at Smith Terminal was high tech. They have self check in with a series of touch screens that allow passengers to confirm their flights and print out the boarding passes. I had no idea what to do as I had not done it before, but it was a piece of cake. Looking around, they seemed to be the only Airline with this option.

I was going to sit in Starbucks, but the crowded and uncomfortable chairs didn’t seem appealing, so I ended going down the hall towards my gate in the B concourse – to the left of the Starbucks. I found a café that had a view of the airfield, runways and several of the jetways. CNN playing in the background as I watched various classes of aircraft taxiing and lifting off. A good find. And a comfortable bench seat too.

Later, much later, I got into San Diego. It was nearly three AM Eastern by the time I was sitting in my room at the Holiday Inn on the Bay. I then watched Lost in Translation (with Bill Murray till I fell asleep.) Long Day.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 15:13 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google