:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Thursday, April 28, 2005 ::

Let the relaxing begin
Life: It's my weekend. I have a nice cup of coffee in hand, complete with cream. Cream which I didn't have yesterday morning. Man it tastes good today! And the little Coffee Pod machine makes all the difference when you are half awake. Or less than half awake.

I was up till past 330am going through in detail the very well put together Lewfoundland and Labrador travel guide for a couple of hours last night. It is now stuffed through and through with Post It's. I have some firm options for places to stay and I think a charter tour company that does the day boat cruises for whale watching in Iceberg Alley from St. Anthony's at the top end of the Rock. Check out this simple map to get an idea of what I am thinking about. Start at the bottom left when I get off the Ferry in Port aux Basques, first overnight will be in CornerBrook area. Possibly second in Rocky Harbour, which is in the middle of the spectacular Gros Morne National park., then head up to St. Anthony and the Viking village at L'Anse aux Meadows. Then maybe skipping over to Labrador for the afternoon and then heading back down to Cornerbrook for another overnight before taking the Ferry from Port aux Basques back to North Sydney. I am going to avoid going down via Gander /Bonavista/ St. John as it is waaaay out of the way. Yes, going to Signal Hill and such would be cool, but too far this time out. And the Ferry to Argentia Bay isn't running when I want to go, so coming in one port and out another isn't feasible on this trip...

I wish I knew how much time I am going to want to spend travelling up to St. Anthony and how much there is to do up North. There is one trail in Gros Morne that looks stunning - Grand Canyon like- and I might need to overnight as a result of it. And factor in weather. If the first day in St. Anthony has bad weather no boat trip to see the big fish and chunks of ice. Then a second would definitly be in order. The options for staying in places up there are somewhat limited. And if I say I want to stay one night, I might not be able to extend it more than that due to limited accomodations in the area.

I think some phone calls will be in order in the next little bit when I have refined this all. This is TMI. A good TMI but still. :) Can't wait to get the stuff together and get moving. This time next month I should be in the Maritimes and probably about to cross to NFLD from North Sydney, NS.

OK. time for a refill on the coffee. And the drudgery of laundry and errands. :)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 12:13 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google