:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 ::

Slept Terribly
life: I tried to go to bed early - for me, and sleep didn't come. Then I was wide awake at 5am, then still at 6am. And that's about 5hours earlier than I normally get up at. It was too stuffy. Or when the ceiling fan was on, it was too loud. Ugh. Pretty tired now.

The other day, I was sitting in the cafe where I have a bagel before work and reviewing pics from VE day on the camera. All of a sudden someone left one of those airline carryon bags - with the wheels and extendible handles - a few feet out into the main part of the mall. Someone across the hall at the dry cleaners called out "You left your bag!" But no one returned for it. It was too far out to be in the cafe with the tables and no one had got up around me who could have left it.It was in the flow of pedestrian traffic - what there is of it in the Galleria at any rate. It was a small one bag, brightly coloured. Possibly a child's one. It fell over and that's when I noticed it.

I thought a kid might have been dragging it and got tired of doing so and left it. Then I started to think. If this was a US city, or in Europe, or the Middle East, or any airport? A bag like this, all of a sudden left by itself suspiciously would raise the alarm bells. Police would be called and the area evacuated. An airline carry on bag could be packed with enough explosives to do some serious damage. But we are not there. But it could happen I suppose.

As I sat there finishing my bagel, I couldn't help but wonder about where the bag came from. I started to get a little concerned. Not much, but a little.

Eventually, about 15 mins later, someone from the luggage store down the hall came to collect the bag which was probably on display and someone was messing around and dragged it off.

Has it really got that bad that I need to think in downtown London, Ontario that there could be a bomb left by terrorists? No. I don't need to be contemplating that or be worried about such an extreme unlikelyhood. But I was surprised that I was entertaining worst case scenario thoughts as I sat there.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 11:03 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google