:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, August 13, 2005 ::


Belly pics
Photos: Thursday was photo shoot day. I went with Leanne to Stratford and we found an excellent semi secluded location down by the Avon river. Excellent props were found in sculptures around the exterior of a small art gallery - and a little yellow LiveStrong wrist band.

It was an interesting excercise. I figure, if you are going to start taking semi serious pictures of people, why not start with something really easy and straight forward like a very, very pregnant woman! Interesting and different curves and angles to explore. Trying to focus on and accentuate the belly, without making her physically uncomfortable or having it look awkward was tricky.

I had planned out what I wanted to do and we had compared notes on some of the pics we liked on the Flickr Beauty of Pregnancy group. But much like any planned excercise, the shots we did were not too much like the ones we saw.

I was a little unsure of how to proceed, but Leanne was a good sport as I gave somewhat effective - if initially hesitant- directions to her to pose in certain ways and to change outfits and so on. I really didn't have an idea what I was doing, but I got the impression the people strolling around in the park who became our unintended audience, thought we knew what we were doing. :)

We were there for about two and a half hours. 400 shots turned into about 70 or so I liked and wanted to edit, and those turned into about 40-50 keepers. Some colour and some BW and some sepia toned. I burned the whole lot to CD so Leanne has a few to choose from. She is going to select one to enlarge and frame which I look forward to seeing one day. I am going to post only a few on Flickr as they are her pics. Not sure how many she will post on her fledgling Flickr.

I think for a first go at it, they are not half bad. And I learned a lot. Which is what I wanted to get out of this - of course along with the opportunity to shoot some pics of a beautiful woman. :)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 00:06 [+] :: 1 comments
...

1 Comments:

It was fun, I enjoyed it. I will pose for you anytime, next time we will be old hats at it...lol

Baby pics in you future?

By Blogger Leanne, at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google