:: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 ::
sick as a D.O.G.
life: was down for the count for a couple of days as per my last post. Got worse and on Monday I went home from work after about 4 hours as I was looking like warmed over death with a side order of coughing. I am definitely on the mend now. I feel much better this morning. Not hundred percent but say 75-80%. Just a bit of a chest cough and stuffed up. A huge improvement.
Two things I learned while sick.
First if you have been looking Rudolf like from blowing your nose and the skin around the nasal cavities is looking raw and has micro fissures and dermal abraisions from dryness and tissue use, it is not a good idea to put some moisurizer on it. It stings like hell.
Second, If you go by the US Airforce museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio, and purchase a dark blue coffee mug with a museum Air Force logo on it that is apparently a metalic paint, don't put it in the microwave. I did this to heat up some water for tea and got some really interesting tiny sparks around the corner edges of the logo. Not evil mad scientist arcs from one side of the microwave to the mug and back, more scintillating sparkler like things. I thought of taking a pic in my sick stupor, but then thought of turning off the microwave was a better idea.
Oh, and third: No hot water this morning.
But it is my Friday. :)
:: Mike Wood 09:21 [+] ::
I'm happy to see that even in the fog of sickness, your concern for safety won out over the "wow what a cool picture that would be", lol. Glad you're feeling better... as for the pictures, you should try to coerce Anneleike to let you take pictures of her and Taco at the dog park before she leaves for Kingston. There could be some interesting pics there...
Tsk tsk using a microwave to make tea... hope you're feeling better Mickey. If I was close by I'd make you some chicken soup. KB