:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, September 03, 2005 ::


Cheerleaders
pics: So I was driving downtown to have a coffee at Starbucks after some uninspiring pics of the Blackfriar's bridge. I was going to sit on the patio and read. Then I spy the University of Western Ontario Cheerleaders doing a photoshoot practice in Victoria Park. I find a parking spot nearby and wander over.

This is where having my camera with me certainly pays off. There were over 20 of them plus the catchers doing pyramids and cheers. I was there for about 30 mins shooting with the other 'official' photog (who had some nice gear) and got some good in mid air shots. This wasn't preplanned so I had no real best way to shoot this. And some of the shots had depth of field issues or were a bit overexposed due to changing up what I was shooting: stills and then stunts and back. Live and learn. But the subject matter was pretty, err I mean pretty cool. Damn these girls were fit. And talented too.

I put a dozen or so pics into a set on my Flickr.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 11:11 [+] :: 2 comments
...

2 Comments:

Hi Mike. The Freeps ran a pretty amazing picture from that session. I was deeply impressed with the composition - darn near impossible to get as three women hung in mid-air above the group that was to catch them. Amazing stuff.

It's so nice to be able to see London through your eyes. Wish more folks here were as snap-happy as you.

By Blogger Carmi, at 11:11 PM  

guess I was at the right place at the right time. I saw the freeps photog there. She was quite busy. Glad I got some shots I liked too. Snap happy... :) yeah, I am that. heheh

By Blogger mike, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google