:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, September 16, 2005 ::

The Western Fair
misc: I went to the Fair yesterday. This turned out to be a good thing as it is raining now and it would have been a different vibe today, although still interesting. It is your typical medium sized fair with a midway, agricultural buildings, and other attractions. I have been before but not with a camera in hand and I spent about 5 hours wandering around - which is a lot of walking given my recent sloth like demeanour. I walked to the fair and back as well.

Highlights: seeing my pictures up with all the others in the photography section (In the north building by Dundas). I know I can do better next time. I didn't win anything, but there were a great deal of excellent photographers. And one who had blown up and mounted 8x10 a pic with the digital date/time stamp on it.... not for arsty effect. Additional highlights included the Trampoline stunt folks - who were quite cool, the West Coast Lumberjack show, and the raptor show. Oh, and wandering into the staff/performers only area of the new Agriplex building on the south side of Florence St. and watching horse folks rehearse. And getting the odd evil eye as a result. :)

Lowlights included trying to take good pics of people on rides. The one I included here was cool because I caught these two girls holding hands going up the huge tower a moment before the thing lets go and you drop to the ground. When the mechanism released, I caught a pic of them letting go their hands too. But ride pics were a challenge. Mainly too much sky and the people on rides being under exposed. Has to be a trick with metering. I only got one of the carnies and no good overall middway pics. Hopefully when I go back on Saturday I will be able to get some more, including some from the huge Ferris Wheel. There are a few pics up on in a set on Flickr, and more to follow as I edit them - certainly more of the trampoline and the lumberjacks.

Laundry calls.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 11:00 [+] :: 2 comments
...

2 Comments:

I saw your pics, and maybe I'm biased but I still think the one from Capistrano should have won something. Anyway, it's still my favourite.

By Blogger Karen, at 8:51 AM  

thanks. :) I thought the one of the moon like island in Newfoundland didn't look good at all amongst the others. Worth a return trip to shoot it I think. :)

By Blogger Mike Wood, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google