:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, October 14, 2005 ::

Lack of posts
blogging: Well, I couldn't go a week without posting so here is a post.

We are going through a second mini summer last few days. It has been quite nice here in SW Ontario in this Post Thanksgiving period. If it lasts another ten days or so that would be good. I have secured field level access to the Queens-UWO tip at the TD Waterhouse stadium on the 22nd and have at least one shoot to do between now and then. Seems like more than one person at the same time wants me to take pictures of them that would be suitable to mail to friends and family as Christmas card inserts which is a great idea. At least one person is going to have to wait for snow however. I find it curious that I may really have to work on scheduling these shoots. And gasp get up early in the morning for some of them too so I can fit them in before my work as people are working all hours.

CBC is back on the air. CBC had an 8 week squabble with it's staff that resulted in a lock out has now resumed programming and I am quite pleased. It is like going on vacation and not having access to something that reminds you of home. Coming back from Port Glasgow yesterday evening I found they were live again and I got to hear an hour or so of AIH. Seems silly, but I really missed them. Port Glasgow is on Lake Erie down the coast from Port Stanley, and I ended up there as a point on the map thing. I found a tiny marina and know it could be a good photo location for a sunrise and so on in the summer. The roads are not plowed or maintained there in the winter so they will be inaccessible in a couple of months I imagine even with 4WD.

Yesterday I broke down and bought a flash from Henry's as well. Not a mega uber high end one, but a mid price point Canon 420 EX. The flash head can pan and tilt off the lens axis of the camera and I think it will do the job. Oh, and for those not so photographically inclined, it is linked to the camera in a way that it knows the exposure settings and knows how strong or weak to fire a burst to help adjust the picture. Clever, eh? It can be used as a wireless slaved remote flash too which could be usefull in the future at some point.

I didn't buy, but researched price points on a new lens. Not a bigger one, but a replacement for my stock lens. This is a beauty. Image stabilized too. And for those interested, it was nearly 300 bucks cheaper at Henry's than at Carman's here in London. And Carman's didn't have any in stock either.

I am thinking I need a new apartment that would facilitate indoor photography and keep me happy in the winter. I just don't have the space to do that currently. If anyone knows of a cool loft like space that isn't ghetto here in London, let me know!

I went up to Centralia this afternoon to the Huron Air Park. It is on the grounds of the former CFB Centralia between Exeter and Lucan on Hwy 4. Most of the buildings are now industrial and commercial, but there is a functioning general aviation airport there. In typical 'let's see what happens' fashion, camera in hand, I just walked onto the flightline and started to shoot pics. Now, had this been a busy airport - I only saw one aircraft take off and do a couple of touch and goes - I wouldn't have done this, but no one seemed to mind. I got some good shots which I hope to post later in the evening or tomorrow.

I have five days off coming up next week. I am going to try and plan some blogging in there somewhere in amongst pic taking.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 17:44 [+] :: 2 comments
...

2 Comments:

there's a place on
talbot, down by Dufferin that is adverstised as a 1 bedroom loft. No idea as to what it looks like inside, but it's the block on talbot between Dufferin and Queens (?). If you want, I can get you the number on the For Rent sign... across from the Talbot Centre and kitty corner from the RCMP offices...

By Blogger Karen, at 12:26 AM  

sure. :) that the corner with the optical place or the one with the pub with the patio?

By Blogger Mike Wood, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google