:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, October 21, 2005 ::


Vacation update
life: OK I promised to blog some stuff for my dwindling audience. :)
I didn't end up going to Michigan, but the vacation is good. Not a long one - or long enough, but a fairly good one. Tidied up my apt. Did a massive load of laundry. you know: the chores...

Had a coffee with Sarah M on Thursday -whom I have not seen since April I think. If the weather cooperates tomorrow, I am going to shoot some pics of a new horse she has purchased. And then right off to the UWO game to take some pics there. And perhaps meet Redune who goes to school at UWO.

Drove off to St. Jacobs earlier in the week and re-did one of the pics for Kara. It was a straight forward shoot - and Kara felt pretty goofy walking back and forth across the frame 10 times to get the effect I wanted. And aside from missing a cool Ahmish shot on a covered bridge by scant seconds, I had a really challenging post production time with the project.

I don't use Photoshop, I use Digital Image Pro 10 from Microsoft. Which I love and does great things with photo manipulation and tweaking. It isn't a draw something from scratch program and I don't need one that complex. But when I had this great idea to ghost Kara into an image as a concept, I didn't think the execution would be so tough. I did it, but matching backgrounds is very exacting. Very. A simple one is above.

I had fun and educated myself in what I need to do something like this. And I have a far greater appreciation for Photoshopped stuff. I take photos with my Rebel and manipulate them only minimally. I want the pic to speak for itself. And to appear real to you and as I saw it with my own eyes. Black and white pics aside, which I think everyone can agree don't seem 'photoshopped' even though they usually are, I want my pics to be accurate representations. But it was cool. Not at 3am Wednesday when I finally gave up though!

Spent some time as well thinking business side of this too. price lists. model releases. business cards. And looking through some magazines researching other photographers - good stuff and ugly stuff. And found that there are a couple of other people out there who secretly watch America's Top Model like I do. I watch most of it with the sound off though. I can watch that cat fighting on the current Apprentice if I want to. But the photos are good and the culture of models and photography is interesting.

Went to Toronto this afternoon and had a great lunch with Dawn and talked photo business stuff too. And she asked if I wanted to shoot some pics, so we walked around High Park this afternoon. Would have been fine if we hadn't but she is awesome and we got some fantastic shots even on the tiny LCD. She is keeping busy and might have a line on Repair doing a sound track for a movie. Which would be killer.

On the way home the William's chai tea latte at the truckstop was a godsend. So much better than McDonalds at the same truck stop. I also picked up the photos I dropped off last night when doing groceries. I blew up 25 pics to 8x10 for my 'book'. They were my choices and some other folks choices too. Oh and apparently the teen something girl at the checkout counter liked my scented Bounce fabric softer sheets. They were her fav scent. Why couldn't that sort of conversation happen when I was a teenager??? :)

And I just found out from Leanne that she and Chris have just bought a house! Congrats!!!

OK. Off to check some email.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 21:29 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google