:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 ::


this time Last year
misc: One year and a couple of days ago, though it seems much more recently, I was standing in the Grand Canyon in Arizona and taking pictures like the one above and marvelling at the staggering beauty of tthis huge planet level geological scar. The sheer scale of the place, the colour of the red Earth, the wildlife... To think I captured it even partially on my old Olympus Stylus is surprising at all. I would be very much interested in going back to the GC now that I have some serious gear and I am taking some serious pictures.

I went to Niagara Falls this year in March around my birthday. In our room in the Bed and Breakfast that we stayed at, there was a large picture book of Ansel Adams - the noted black and white landscape photographer. I really like his work and think that I should start to convert some of my landscapes to BW. Including some of the ones that don't quite make it for me in colour. Hence posting this image taken from the South Rim of the GC on November 20th, 2004. I also included an image in my 'book' that I often have with me of the Rose Blanche lighthouse (the one that was at the Western Fair ) that I converted to BW as well. I like it as much as the original.

I was also prompted to go through the GC pictures again because while watching the relatively uninspiring Amazing Race -Family Edition yesterday, they were in Utah and visited Monument Valley Utah and flew over places like John Ford's Point in a Bell Jetranger, and rapelled off of Gemini Bridges in Moab. That looks like some serious countryside. One of the team members mentioned how boring Utah is "100s of thousands of miles of nothing". Yeah LuSeRs.

Utah is on my list for next year I think. Look out Mormons! :P

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 10:45 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google