:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Sunday, November 06, 2005 ::


Weekend Update
life: I had three days off. And curiously one of the anticipated highlights wasn't so much. I emailed back and forth with the coach and he said it would be cool if I followed around the UWO Mustangs cheerleaders for a bit. The weather was overcast and uninspiring, and the crowd was quite similar till late in the game when it was getting dark and about to rain. Made for some so so pictures. The girls and guys from the team were cool, it was just the wrong vibe. The game was good too and I spent some time chatting with a photog from the UWO Gazette named Cole and comparing pictures as we took shots of the plays. If anyone swings through UWO this week, could they score me a copy of the gazette to see what got in there photo wise? I sifted through the pics of the game and the girls (and guys) and have a bunch that will be tweaked and posted later in the week...

Anyhow, that was yesterday afternoon - working backwards here. In the morning I had the re-do's of Amanda's pics for the shots she wants to give to her family for Christmas. This was a much more successful outing than the previous weekend. The light overcast sky helped the images a lot, and this was an easy hour long session which garnered me some good images - such as the one above and the other two on Flickr currently. I found something interesting too. When you think you have only one memory card instead of actually having three, you shoot more intelligently and work harder to compose the shots and to make them work. Since I forgot I tucked my card case in a side pocket of the camera back, we only used one and I had a higher percentage of shots turn out.

Friday was a gorgeous day. Sunny and about 19-20C ( in SW Ontario in November!!) and after doing laundry with Leanne and Hannah, I put the finger on the map and went to Petrolia which is half way between London and Sarnia close to HWY 402. Took a while to get there as it is about 90-100km if you don't take major highways, but it was worth it. A nice little town (with a Tim Hortons) founded in the mid 19th century with the discovery of oil nearby. I have not posted pics yet of the oil pumps and drill rigs, but will as with the UWO stuff later. There are three shots of things around town up though.

Thursday had a cool highlight. I received an email from a department at UWO who want to use the shot I took of the two cheerleaders in flight in some promotional material used to recruit students to Western. Full credit to me etc. Not sure on the timeline and such, but I will let you know what comes of it when I have more info and perhaps samples.

That day I also wandered around the hiking and bike trails on the east section of the Thames around Meadowlilly and took some pics of Morgan and the bright yellow leaves and interesting tree trunks as well. If Morgan likes some of the shots I might post a couple. You can see I am getting backlogged with the pics! :)

Stephanie also asked if I could shoot some pics for her guy Luke's band in Toronto called Exit to Nowhere. They have a location in mind and this will likely happen sometime in December - which isn't too far off.

Not too bad for taking a long weekend. :)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 10:30 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google