:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 ::

London Ontario Flickr Group
photos: Did I ever mention that there is a London, Ontario Flickr Group? I created it in the beginning of August and since then it has expanded to 20 members (which ain't much. where are all you Londoners with digicams?)

After a while, I found that the group was a little restrictive in it's geography (mainly I wanted to post pics from outside the city) so I expanded it to allow pics from anywhere in South West Ontario that doesn't already have a group. There is an Ontario: your's to Discover group, and a small rural Ontario group, but nothing for down this way that seems to capture what the area has to offer. I seem to post the most, but it is interesting how others capture the city and region that I now call home.

And in a side note, I belong to a rediculous 206 groups on Flickr. Which means I can post relevent images to those groups I choose to share my work with. Initially I didn't do that and didn't cross post or anything, so the older images didn't get too many views. I have gone back and posted older images to groups and got some nice comments. I have found I seem to really get a kick out of the comments. It is encouraging and so far relatively positive. I have met online some really good photographers, and I know my friends that model for me enjoy the feedback too. Luckily I have only deleted a couple of instances of spam and nonsense.

And in a second side note, sometime this month - perhaps in the next ten days or so, the stream views (which are separate from individual image views) on my Flickr will surpass the hits on this blog. It took two years and nine months to get to nearly 30,000 hits here, and since February of this year, my Flickr has had nearly 27,000 views. And recently it has been averaging about 1000 views every 10 days or less. Small on some people's scales, but I like those numbers. :)

Thanks to everyone who has come by and visited one, or the other, or both! :)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 01:29 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google