:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, December 23, 2005 ::

Sins city.

Photos: I started to look at the images I shot in Cambridge on Thursday. Some good ones and some better ones. This is an early image of Karli playing behind her drum kit. It is cluttered with the tools of the trade. Not a clear image of her for sure, but I really like it. I'll post some more to flickr over the next couple of days.

Fiddler's Green is a big bar in a small town. One of the places where everyone hangs it seems. The stage was in the back overlooking the river and a much better set up. And the crowd was different than in Toronto. Where there they were crowding the stage at the Bovine, in Cambridge they were spaced at least ten or more feet from it across the dance floor. I had lots of room to work from both sides of the stage. And also from the wings on stage left which was where their gear was. In retrospect I knew this was going to happen and there is only so much post production you can do to counter it, but I need a flash diffuser. I will have to order one as they don't seem to be available around here. Some of the shots were blown out. I did shoot at at ISO 800 which made for grainy shots and they worked best in black and white for the most part.

I also found that the 420EX eats batteries. I had 4 fresh Duracells in there. I took well over 100 images spaced out over however long they were on stage, and with a few exceptions they all used the flash. When they were done their set, and while debating whether I would stay for the next band (I didn't), I thought I would change batteries for fresh ones as the recycle lag was increasing a little bit. I popped the batteries out and they were hot. Not warm from being in a pocket sort of temp, but really hot. I wasn't going to burn the fingers on them but I knew they had been put through a serious workout so they had to go. Insane. I am going to get a recharger. Even Costco bulk batteries wouldn't be cheap at this rate. :)

Cris let me know of a photo shoot concept they are working on for the end of January that they would like me to do. Too damn cold outside for this so they are going to have to procure a location. While talking about this I found myself passing on photo advice to someone who was also shooting pics and had seen my shots from the Bovine, and also impressed someone else who was jealous of my access. I gave him a card and he was blown away that he could see some of the pics I shot. Told his friend excitedly as he showed him the card. :)

I also found that while I was waiting and chatting with Cris as they signed CDs that I had struck a pose that I saw Karl Grobl (a photojournalist) doing in a Sandisk ad seen currently in a few photo mags. I was doing it unconsciously and I think that it was pretty funny. But that is how you naturally hold a camera with arm crossed when you are leaning on something. And yeah I use the same Sandisk UltraII cards and Canon gear. Though 350D Canon isn't like his pro one. :)

Heading to Toronto tomorrow. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!


Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 23:42 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google