:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, March 11, 2006 ::



So another weekend for me is done. This was was light on laundry and errands and heavy on pictures. Yesterday afternoon, I went back to the same neck of the woods where I was the day before and met up with Mandy and Jesse who were having lunch at Pinecroft near Aylmer - which I was convinced was Winterwheat near Sparta for some reason. I had been there once several years ago and had totally forgotten about it.

We wandered around the frozen pond there for a bit, I got some good shots of Mandy which I will post after she has seen them later in the week, and a couple of bird pics one of which is seen here. These two Canada Geese were not impressed we were following them - down the only path on the West side of the pond, and eventually they went onto the ice and took off back in the other direction. I had the camera set for portraits, so I had barely any time to bring it up to eye level and pan as they went by. ISO 400, 125th second exposure. Not ideal, but the blur behind is good as is the jumble of wings.

We then headed in through Sparta to Winterwheat - another crafty sort of place nestled in a tall grove of trees. Lots to look at here. And a return trip with more daylight is in order. Inside while looking around the store, one of the staff saw my camera and said "oooh, a CSI camera". I smiled and chatted with her for a bit. I said that they used Nikons and not Canons on CSI - and that it was pretty sad I knew that! :)

After a small purchase which Mandy hopes to use as a prop in a winterlike picture later, we headed out into the grounds which were closing soon to get pics there, and then down to Port Stanley. We checked out the trains and as light was fading fast due to the heavy overcast, we had dinner at the "The Roxy" right by the lift bridge. Slow service, but the food was pretty good and I was apparently quite hungry!

On the way back to London, we split up and I ended up stopping in St. Thomas for a coffee and shot some low light night pics of the court house building there. I had taken some on Thursday during the day and since I was there thought it would be interesting to see the lighting. I shot hand held but the efforts show promis and with a tripod, coming back here in the summer would be worth it since there is little traffic around. Maybe with a ghosty model...

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 10:29 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google