:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, May 20, 2006 ::



Seems like week after week it is weather that I talk about. 10C and a sky that might have well been Venus for all the sunshine we saw. Drizzle, wind and low temps make for unpleasant weather for taking pics - especially with a model in a cocktail dress or two.

Mandy and I drove north of the city to where we explored that abandoned building from last week. And if you go into Tim Hortons dressed to the nines in a little black dress in the middle of the afternoon in rural Ontario, you might get the odd look. I felt quite under dressed beside her in my jeans, baseball cap and tee!

We did a drive by to make sure there were no workers or others around and then gained access to the building through the same entrance we used beofre. No kids inside either - which would have ended the plans. With no windows, it was a little breezy inside and once I had blocked out where I wanted Mandy in the abandoned communal bathroom I began shooting. This shot will involve some photoshopping due to the complexity of it, but the lighting and composition turned out well as you can see from the one above. Couple of outfit changes for her and the occasional warm up between shots and we were done.

We moved into the big room - which was once about seven or eight individual multi bunk dorm rooms with their walls removed, and I did the shots I wanted in there, plus some window shots and some quick ducking as vehicles drove by. :)

We moved to the exterior of the abandoned motel, and had to wait for the realtor to leave. He drove up and talked to us (well me, as Mandy had been changing in the back seat behind the tinting) and thought we might be interested in the building. We were, but not for buying. We shot some pics on the stairs outside and the roof deck, but Mandy was really cold (see below) and I couldn't in good conscience make her do more shots. This *is* for free of course. :)



With no TH in the house, We ended up warming up in a Family Restaurant on the main strip in Clinton. It is about a block north of the city buildings on the same side. And all I can say is huge portions. Good service. A welcome rest stop on a rainy day. The swiss burger with fries and some industrial coffee hit the spot for me.

Oh! And ponies. I can't let my post go by without commenting that Mandy has a good eye for spotting unfenced in *real* ponies standing in driveways. And as I didn't believe her, she was quite insistant in making me turn around and go back to the end of the driveway and stare at two non moving ponies as they stand there keeping dry. I think I might have got punched in the arm a couple of times too. :)

Later in the evening, Kelly and I headed to The Last Drop, a pub here in London, and met up with Dawn (my awesome friend and lead singer of Repair) who was in town from Toronto. I have not seen her in months and it was great to catch up a bit. Quite a few others were there, including David, from The Electrocult. I know him through work, and we might be shooting some promo/performance shots in the next month or so. Made a couple of other photo contacts this weekend too.

Despite a crappy weekend weather wise, a not too shabby one. But once again, pleeeeeease, more nice weather. Please...

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 12:43 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google