:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, June 03, 2006 ::


Bif Naked

I am just wrapping up my first long weekend of 2006 and I thought I would give my weekly photographic re-cap. Lots of goings on this weekend.

I booked off the latter half of Wednesday May 31st as Ian at work had given me the heads up that Bif Naked was playing at Norma Jean's. I headed up there for 930pm and caught the end of one band, scouted the stage for angles and decided left side of the stage was a good spot. I headed up there and ran into Ryan Jarvis - who is a big Bif fan - and a couple of other people from work. After finishing my beer I headed to my perch. I took in Britt Black - another of the Bodog records acts - and then around 2315 Bif made it to the stage. I had been pointed out as being OK by Ian and at one point the bartender came up to me and offered me a bottle of water gratis and a waitress named Kathy came up to me as she shoots pics there on some evenings.

Of course at the point that Bif was to appear, a very tall security guy stood nearly perfectly in my line if site. But while annoyed, I was grateful about 25 mins later. A handful of songs in to her set, the fat overweight jackass who was to my emmediate left kept losing his balance. He was way beyond drunk and found it amusing to try and offer Bif 5 dollar bills - think stripper like. Anyhow, he had no success and kept dropping his money. On the last time he dropped two or three fives the security pointed to him to pick it up. the fat bastard - as I was referring to him in my head - could not fight gravity and tumbled forward onto one of the monitor speakers on stage. The huge bouncer picked him up forcefully as I get up off my perch and get a couple of feet distance. This was when the fat bastard decided to take a swing at the security. He missed once and cocked his right arm to take another shot. We were shoulder to shoulder and at that point I was quite annoyed so I grabbed his arm with one hand and allowed the security and his friends to eject him. No harm to me or my gear. :)

Bif was ok. But as I had been lead to believe, not as impressive in person. She is a tiny thing and wears too much make up. But I liked the show despite all of that I was about three to four feet from her during her set and encore. I got some OK shots too, but not up to my Scarlet Sins standard. BTW they were playing there on Friday nite and I was tempted to take them in too - I even emailed Karli as an FYI, but I was all pictured out at that point.

I hung around with Ian till after the bar was closed, met the owner in the hope Bif would come back in for autographs but no such luck. Still an interesting evening - despite being pretty damn deaf since, yes once again, I left my earplugs at home. :)

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 22:05 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google