:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Monday, August 07, 2006 ::

Curiously, while I can do it fairly well, I don't like doing self portraits. So I asked the wicked London, Ontario photog Echo (her Deviant or her Myspace or her Echo Visuals site) to do some quick shots of me last weekend. We spent perhaps less than half an hour together with Siren looking on - and dodging massive amounts of rain - and she was able to come up with some damn cool good shots. And she works with film. Old school!

It was interesting being on the other side of the lens for a change and I can appreciate in a small way what all the people who model for me go through! Though I have to admit, just standing there and taking directions seemed pretty easy to me.

But I will stick to behind the lens work- even though it is fun checking to see if someone has left a comments about me.

I am in the midst of moving too, so flickr stuff n such is light at the moment, but when i am settled in I will have a mini studio space. and there are at least five or six new models that I am anxious to post/work with. stay tuned. Mainly this post is for my only reader Carmi! :)


Mike
w4b photography
London, Ont








Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 12:12 [+] :: 6 comments
...

6 Comments:

He is not your only reader... ;op

I love the first one... it really captures your kind hearted nature.

By Blogger Leanne, at 9:36 AM  

I think that Echo did amazing shots of you. It was fun watching you take orders for a change. It's not always as easy as it seems but you pulled it off very well. Maybe next time the weather will be better. Rained when you didn't want to and stopped when I wanted it to...it's got it out for us..lol

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 AM  

I like the third one... and I too, am insulted that you think you have only one faithful reader! :)

By Blogger Karen, at 1:28 PM  

Thanks for your comments faithful readers! :)

Mike

By Blogger Mike Wood, at 10:33 AM  

I'm with Leanne: you are admired and respected by so many!

I love these pix...and laud your courage in switching to the other side of the lens. Good on ya, mon ami.

Best of luck on the move, btw. Let us know when you've landed. Someday, I'd very much like to meet you in person.

By Blogger carmilevy, at 9:27 PM  

Carmi, sounds good to me! And thanks :)

Mike

By Blogger Mike Wood, at 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google