:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, December 08, 2006 ::

A little snow

Winter Wonderland -2k6
So London had it's first snow fall of the season and it was a doozy. We got over 3 feet 1 meter of snow in 24 hours or so. Driving to work yesterday afternoon was a crawl. 40kph on most roads. super slippy roads.

I park underground at work so I luckily didn't have to deal with much during the day other than looking out at it get progressively worse and worse. London transit cancelled bus service sometime before midnight and it is still cancelled around noon as far as I know. Driving home up richmond at 1am there was no traffic and the only challenging thing - I have a Honda CRV with 4x4 AWD - was on Sunningdale and Highbury/Fanshawe Park Rd area. hardly any streetlights and the horizontal 'warp speed' kinda snow in the headlights. roads were down to a lane and a half so when cars were approaching eachother it was challeging at times.

I got in after about a 45min drive and then had to dig my way in to my driveway. was mid thigh deep from the curb. there was no way i was going to get far even with the 4x4 so I carved out a trench for the CRV with space to get out and space so I didn't bury the tailpipe and then backed in. I waded to my front door through powder and that was that.

This morning I went out and checked and still more snow. The picture doesn't really do it justice because had my car been parked all day outside it would have had 4-5 times more around it. the driveway was buried and so was the car from plows on Fanshawe Park Road. and this was the heavy stuff too. The drive is supposed to be plowed and I am not too concerned about the dig out (at this point) since I have 3hours still to be at work. I am going to have a coffee and some food and edit some pics. Oh and yesterday, in a brief patch of blue sky amongst the storms of snow, Corey and I got together and shot some pics outside in the snow. they were cool. More to follow on that. :)

Keep warm everyone!

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 12:14 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google