:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Sunday, January 28, 2007 ::

weekend ups n downs

I was supposed to go out to Salt on Friday night (my Saturday) but I developed what could only be characterized as a bad headache which turned into a migraine by late evening. I got progressively worse and worse.

I am not one to take meds for anything so I don't usually have much around (unless on vacation for just in case situations) and so accordingly when I reached for the extra strength Advil/Tylenol/generic they bottle had expired in Apr/06. This was at 3am or so. When your head hurts bad enough you feel nausious (sp) it's a bad thing. I toughed it out for a while, but even the dripping gutter downspout outside my bedroom window was causing a Chinese water torture effect. I moved to the comfy sofa in the living room and tried to sleep there but nothing was cutting it.

At 630ish I googled Shoppers Drug Mart (eyes blinded even by a dimmed laptop screen) and found one close by that was infact 24hrs. I thought it was only open till midnite. Had I given in earlier I would have gone. I also needed to go before it was light out as I knew driving in bright light would have been too much.

I got some Tylenol. Gobbled them in the car and then headed home. curiously I was hungry and so detoured via the Sausage n Egg McMuffin drive through and then when the meds kicked in I slept from 8am till about 1pm or so on Saturday afternoon. Once awake I was feeling fine. But what a night.

Before being ill, I researched phones. I have been wanting a new cellphone for a while and a couple of people I know have got the smartphone style phones recently. I don't need the whole write an email or work a spreadsheet ability of a Crackberry, but having a QWERTY keyboard is good for texting which I have found I do more and more. And doing on a standard phone keypad is a pain. I plainly suck at it to the point if I get a txt I have been known to call the person back as its too involved to txt them. :)

Anyhow. I researched devices (those who know me know when I research something it is quite a ruthless and exhaustive thing) and it came down to really only a couple of options. I settled on the Motorola Q. In black. I spent the better part of yesterday evening learning it's features, browsing wiki's , forums and more forums for it, and programming numbers and other info.

It's a slick device. The deal with Bell was good too. In store purchase with a contract was about $50 less than I thought it would be. And it came with a second extended life battery which doesn't seem to be offered by all carriers. Adding ringtones or wallpaper is a drag and drop. and despite what the Bell site says the EVDO network is in London now. Their online maps are about 3months out of date. I have a couple of cases in mind for it. but it's all good.

And I have figured out how to turn the ringer off. Which is good for where I work. :)

HelloMoto. :)


Mike Wood
w4b photography
London - Ontario - Canada
flickr.com/photos/work4bandwidth/

:: Mike Wood 14:17 [+] :: 2 comments
...

2 Comments:

sorry about the headache... nice geek crack though.

By Blogger Leanne, at 9:04 PM  

Good call on the Q, Mike. I've been quoted often on this device, and seem to be speaking to journos often about Motorola these days.

I'd be interested to hear your take on data plans. Are they reasonable?

All the best...

By Blogger carmilevy, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google