:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, February 03, 2007 ::

Firefox2, leather covers, and flickr woes

I found a leather cover for the MotoQ. I got it at the Telus store at Hyde Park. Was a long circle tour from Argyle where I started to get to there, but no one had one that I liked - or had any. It was the last stop before going online and ordering one sight unseen. Fits like a leather glove. It is a great sleeve design which protects the keys and yet still allows use without fat fingering. No complaints so far. The longer I waited the more likely I would have scratched the screeen for sure.

I also updated Firefox to 2.0.0.1 version and added the Metal Lion Vista theme. Like using a new piece of software. spring cleaning for the browser is good once in a while. And via Thomas Hawk, I installed the Greasemonkey extension to make it a helluva lot easier to upload to multiple groups on flickr.

I am in a dry spell with photos at the moment. Too damn cold outside to shoot anything interesting and no one's schedules match up too easily for models. I was popping about though on flickr and was reading in the forums a couple of updates...

I am an old old skool flickr user and was on it when Flickr was Canadian (as in before August 2005). The vibe was different then. Subtle, but different. Now they are restricting the number of tags (to 75 per photo) and contacts to 3000. And Nipsa's accounts without notices which I have covered before. the 75 tags I care little about as that's pretty extreme, but the contacts? I am at 900 now. Earlier today, if I crossed 3000, I would not be able to add anyone else. So no one would be able to track my pics and I couldn't have them in my contact's photos. the thread goes on for more than 1800 replies and at one point one user suggested that it be a reciprocal thing. If you and your contact were both eachother's contact then it wouldn't count towards the limit. The flickr folks implemented that on the same day. Which was cool. they still have not implemented a way of figuring out who is a reciprocal contact or not though. I hope they do though.

The other thread I read was in relation to the Yahoo single sign on for flickr. Mid march it is manditory to login via a yahoo account. Not whatever you used before. As an old skool flickr member (as they are referred to) we were allowed to maintain the old login for about 18months. I created a Yahoo account at that time but have not used it once since and have not merged - though will be forced to now. It has gone dormant more than once. It has spam despite my never having used it except to test it out between my gmail and itself. It is Yahoo and now I will have to remind myself to login to it for no reason at all other than to keep it alive.

Yahoo has some bad reps lately with ratting out Chinese dissidents and just handing over user info to the american goverment but we shall see. One thing is for sure. When flickr becomes even more yahoo - like going from the blue/red to the garrish yellow/purple or adding an " ! " or god forbid becoming flickr.yahoo.com and more branding... I am outta there. I don't want my stuff associated blatantly with yahoo.

And I will let you know how Iceland planning is going when there is more to say. Cost is the main factor at the moment.

Carpe Diem

:: Mike Wood 00:41 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google