:: W4B photography's companion blog ::

:: W4B photography's companion blog ::


"I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long, and prosper... " - Spock

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
:: welcome to W4B photography's companion blog :: My Main Page ::: Visit My Flickr PhotoBlog ::: Gmail Me! ::
[::..Some Fav's..::]
Get Firefox!
:: Environment Canada London Weather
www.flickr.com
work4bandwidth's photos More of work4bandwidth's photos
:: LanceArmstrong.com
:: Team Discovery
:: LAF.org
:: ProCycling
:: Cycling News
:: TourDe France
:: Gmail
:: Google.ca
:: Google News
:: Google Maps
:: MapQuest
:: Maps of London
:: CNN
:: BBC News
:: Sympatico Email
:: Hotmail
:: Yahoo Mail
:: Technorati
:: DNS-411.com
::www.80211hotspots.com
:: ThinkGeek.com
Dilbert Blog
:: Wired
:: Globe Technology
:: Dictionary.com
:: BabelFish Translator
:: / .
:: The Iceberg
:: Seti
:: TPS
:: MBAjungle
:: London Movie Listings
:: Honda SUVs
:: CAA London
:: San Diego Marine Museum
:: I,Cringley
:: Ontario Lottery Info
:: Mars Rovers JPL
[::..Some Blogs I read..::]
:: Happiness is a Choice
:: WWDN
:: WWdN: In Exile
:: Daily Source Code
:: All things Christie
:: The Scobleizer Weblog
:: Written Inc.
:: Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection
:: Flickr Nation
:: Flickr Blog
:: Flickr: London, Ont
:: Tips From the Top Floor
:: The Torontoist
:: GTA Bloggers
:: attu
:: Phainomena
:: Persephone
:: C'est What?
:: Daily Dose of Imagery
:: Heather's Marketing at Microsoft
:: John Porcaro
:: Halley's Comment
:: Joi Ito
:: Addicted to Digital Media
:: The Scripting News
:: iPodder.org
:: Doc Searls Weblog
:: William Gibson's Blog
:: Bacon and Eh's
:: BWG
:: Tokyo Calling
:: Kevin Rose
:: Sarah. Word
:: Alex Albrecht
:: Engadget
:: A View From Elsewhere
:: Channel Nine
:: Occupational Adventure
:: Matt Goyer
:: Around My Room
:: Jeremy Zawodny
:: Micro Persuasion
:: eclecticism
:: Boing Boing
:: Meta-Filter
:: Mike's List
:: Princess Joanna's Kingdom
:: The K Man
:: InstaPundit
:: Mike's Journal
:: Corporate Engagement
[::..Some Things I use..::]
:: Canon Cameras
:: SanDisk
:: London Honda
:: Honda Canada
:: Nike
:: Power Bar
:: G-Shock
:: Cat Eye
:: Rocky Mountain
:: Trek
:: Creative
:: Samsung
:: Logitech
[::..Other Things..::]
Listed on BlogsCanada
Blogarama
Listed on Blogwise


Terror Alert Level
Site Meter
[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 ::

Violet n Kat .06


A New Hope

So as some of you have heard, I recently resigned from my position at work. Seems that a change was in order and the time was right to do it.

Over the last couple of years, I have developed a preference for taking the road much less traveled. It has taken different forms - be it on one of my 100km bike ride on a dusty or rainy road somewhere near London, driving through the Mojave or Northern Newfoundland, sailing on my great great grandfather's tall ship off the coast of California, or hiking into the middle of the Grand Canyon. I suppose I am an explorer at heart or something. Not sure.

I am doing this now once again with the potential to encounter bigger things, and to hopefully expand upon my passion for photography - and get paid more frequently to do it! :)

I am meeting more and more people who are excited to work with me (or have heard of my work) and bring their own sense of self to the shoots we do. I have worked with some super talented, exciting, beautiful and open minded women with whom I have collaborated on shots - like the one above with the London model Kat and the fashion designer Violet (on the left). The encouragement and excitement and passion that they and others have is certainly contagious and fun. It reinforces that there is so much more out there than the 9-5 world. Or as in what would have been my last shift - the 6pm-230am world...

I am initially going to head out West. As far as the Rockies, but not as far as the Pacific. I have a shopping list of locations I want to see and photograph which is too extensive to put here, but it is a considerable off the Trans Canada sort of tour. I am going to shoot more landscapes and places - take my time doing it. Not a whirl wind like I have in the past.

When I return, perhaps it will be to stay, perhaps not. But I will be back mid June - with a few gigs of pics for sure. and super eager to take up modelling and portrait shoots again. So those interested let me know and I can start booking the last week of June and into July. Tell your friends who are interested in hiring a photographer for their shots too! :)

I will be blogging en route/posting pics when I can get net access. Though the next time may be in Winnipeg.

I saw a sign recently that said "Aspire to Inspire before you Expire" and that sums up nicely my goal in life.

Oh and the "A New Hope" title? Today is the 30th anniversary of the release of the first Star Wars movie. May 25th, 1977. :)

See you soon!

Mike

:: Mike Wood 09:38 [+] :: 0 comments
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Since March 2003
FastCounter by bCentral
Google